When you decide to buy new windows, there are a lot of decisions you have to make. Aside from the style, size and color of your window frames, you also have to decide what kind of glass you want when you invest in window installation service in Coppell, TX. To help make the decision as easy as possible, it’s important to understand a little bit more about the differences between your various window glass options:
- Insulated glass: Insulated glass includes multiple glass panes that are separated by insulated gases like argon. Insulated glass is designed to improve energy efficiency by blocking out thermal heat transfer in the summer and minimizing drafts in the winter. Insulated glass is particularly ideal for climates with extreme hot or cold temperatures, but it can boost efficiency in virtually any home or business.
- Triple pane glass: A lot of homeowners have double pane glass, but triple pane glass is an increasingly popular option for homeowners who are looking for added insulation and energy efficiency. Triple pane glass is structured similarly to double pane glass, with layers of glass surrounding insulative gas, but there are three layers of glass instead of two. Triple pane glass is typically more expensive than double pane glass, but it may be worth it in the long run when it comes to energy efficiency.
- Privacy glass: If you want to increase the privacy in your home, you can invest in privacy glass. Privacy glass is obscured glass that isn’t completely transparent. This is a great option for bathrooms, bedrooms and other rooms where you want to enjoy natural light while still maintaining your privacy.
- Impact-resistant glass: In areas with frequent seasonal storms, it’s important to invest in glass that’s going to be resistant to damage from heavy winds, precipitation and debris. Impact-resistant glass is manufactured with reinforced layers of glass that are designed to withstand all kinds of circumstances without sustaining any damage. While this is a great window option in areas that experience heavy storms, it isn’t usually necessary in more moderate climates.
- Tinted glass: If you aren’t ready to replace your glass completely, or if you have an older home and you want to maintain the aesthetic of your existing windows, you should consider treating your glass with window tints or coatings. These treatments are a relatively inexpensive way for you to boost your home’s energy efficiency without the need for complete window replacement.
Call for window installation service in Coppell, TX
When you choose AmeriTint Window Specialists, Inc. to handle your window glass replacement in Coppell, TX, you can feel confident that you are getting reliable service from an expert team. Ever since our founding in 1987, we have been proud of the quality of our services and our dedication to customer satisfaction. As a locally-owned and operated business, we are committed to developing positive relationships with every commercial and residential customer we serve. Get started with a free service quote and schedule an appointment for window repair or replacement by giving us a call today.