From fashion to food to home décor, trends come and go in every industry. This fact also applies to window glass replacement in Dallas, TX. We’ve seen all sorts of trends wax and wane in popularity from year to year. 2018 is no different—here are a few of the trends we’re seeing over and over each time we install new windows in homes across our area:
- Energy efficiency: One of the easiest ways to keep a little extra cash in your pocket is to cut back on how much you spend each month on your heating and cooling bills! Instead of turning the AC off on hot days, consider replacing your windows with energy efficient models. The data shows that simply installing Energy Star certified windows could save you up to $400 each year. That’s money you could put towards a vacation or making much-needed upgrades around the house!
- Pass-through windows: An open and free-flowing floor plan ensures everyone has plenty of space to unwind and lets natural light fill your whole home. Installing pass-through windows allows you to maintain that open floor plan feel while providing some separation from room to room. Consider dividing your living room from your kitchen with a folding pass-through window, or expand your living space by installing garage-door style windows that seamlessly split the interior of your home from your patio space.
- Modern windows: Lift-and-slide doors, expansive windows and large windows placed together are very popular these days. These styles are relatively modern and allow tons of natural light to fill your home on sunny days! Talk to our specialists about how modern windows can boost the look of your home.
- Bold frames: White window frames have been popular for decades, and for good reason, too—they blend in well with pretty much any style or color of home. However, white windows are falling out of favor compared to bold colors that catch the eye of anyone passing by your home. Ask us about bold colors that take your house from drab to fab!
Which windows are right for your home?
Now that you know what’s trendy, it’s time to start choosing the right new windows for your home. Consider the following things before you dive right in and replace some (or all) of your windows:
- Personal preference: Don’t keep up with the Joneses next door by installing brand new windows if they’re not exactly what you want. Need help deciding between different styles? Let us help! We can help you find the perfect windows for you and your home.
- Home style: What looks good in one home might not look good in another. Be sure your new windows will complement the style of your home. Otherwise, you run the risk of your house having a disjointed or even unattractive appearance.
- Budget: It’s crucial that you keep your budget in mind when you’re shopping for windows. Spending more than you can afford on windows is never a good idea. The good news is that we have tons of great windows for any budget!
Whether you’re building a new home or just want to upgrade your home’s look and feel with window glass replacement in Dallas, TX, be sure to rely on AmeriTint Window Specialists, Inc. We have decades of experience installing windows of all shapes and sizes. Get in touch today to learn more!
Categorised in: Window Replacement