What do you do when a chilly wind blows inside through your open windows? You shut them, of course! But what happens in the winter when the windows are already closed, and you still feel a breeze coming through? This is when you install solar window film in Coppell, TX! Solar window film prevents cold air from slipping in and your warm air from flowing out during the chilly winter months. Continue reading to learn more about solar window film and why you might want to consider installing it on your windows this winter.
What is solar window film?
Simply put, solar window film is applied to your window and then caulked around the edged to ensure that it’s stuck on the glass and there aren’t any gaps between the frame and the film. The film reinforces the window and provides an extra layer of insulation. You’ll be amazed at how much more comfortable your home is after applying window film—it really is incredible!
Benefits of solar window film in the winter
Solar window film offers a number of benefits during the wintertime. Three of the big ones include:
- Keep cold air out: Unless you have double-paned windows, your windows probably aren’t insulated very well. That means it’s easy for cold winds to blow inside your home. Thankfully, that’s not the case if you’ve applied a window film. Film will help to block air from slipping inside, effectively keeping you warm and toasty.
- Keep heat in: Warm air can slip out just as easily as it comes in if you haven’t installed residential window film in Coppell, TX. Install window film and you’ll be shocked at how much warmer your home is this winter.
- Reduce your energy bills: Paying an arm and a leg each month for your electric bill is the last thing you want to do, but that’s tough to avoid if you constantly have your heat on to stay warm. Apply solar window films on each window in your house to keep your bills low this winter. Without air escaping through your windows, you won’t have to keep your heat on as high to be comfortable in your own home. Solar window film in Coppell, TX doesn’t just keep your bills lower in the winter, either. Film will block the sun and keep your home cooler naturally. This means you won’t have to run your air conditioner all day long during the summer!
You can enjoy benefits year-round with this investment! Some of the other advantages offered by window film include:
- Block the sun: As mentioned above, solar window film will prevent the sun’s rays from entering your home. Your home will be noticeably cooler without needing to crank your AC. You’ll be amazed at how comfortable you are—and how low your electric bill is!
- Prevent fading: The sun doesn’t just make your home hot—the rays also fade your furniture, walls, and carpeting. This doesn’t just look bad—it decreases the value of all your items. Install solar film to block those rays and keep your home’s value high!
Be sure your home is ready to face the upcoming winter weather by installing residential window film in Coppell, TX. AmeriTint Window Specialists, Inc. sells and applies window films for every type of window. Give us a call today to learn more!