Today in Flower Mound we are replacing old worn out windows with new double paned vinyl windows. These double glazed units were fitted to reduce energy loss and to also to help increase the insulation of the house, they can also reduce condensation.
What are Dual Pane Windows you ask? Answer: Two layers of glass are hermetically sealed into a unit, which would be sized for your window opening, then sealed and used to replace the standard single pane commonly used in the manufacture of a window or door.
Dual paned Units were First Introduced in the 1930’s and were commonly available throughout the USA by the 1950’s. Looking more closely at what goes to make up a unit let’s first look at the spacer. These are made up of four different types
1) Regular Metal Spacers
2) Combination Sealant Type Spacers
3) Non Metal Synthetic Spacers (i.e. Vinyl)
The regular metal spacers are generally made up of aluminum glazing bars, electro galvanised steel, or even stainless steel. The spacers themselves can have a dramatic effect on the cost of the double glazed units depending on the material they are made from.
The spacers are filled with a desiccant component especially designed to reduce the condensation that may form between the panes of glass in the sealed unit, this desiccant soaks up the moisture and helps keeps the unit clear from misting and fogging.
Misting or Fogging of Your Double Glazed Units
So what happens when the units break down?. Misting or fogging of a unit is a common problem, and as luck would have it, this often occurs just after the guarantee runs out. Misty or foggy units can make a room look terrible and as the seals around the windows age & break can be expected in the lifetime of the unit.
But the cost of repairing units is no longer a major problem as this process can be done fairly cheaply and quickly by replacing the glass and utilizing the existing window frame.
Overall the benefits of double glazing far outweigh the cons. With the advent of more competition in the market place, the prices of replacing double glazed units has come down dramatically.
Over the past few years, Texans have moved less and instead made the decision to invest their earnings into remodeling, renovating and restoring their current house to make a custom environment that is quiet and restful providing the homeowner with precisely what they wanted in their home. While avoiding the trouble and expense of moving.
A common upgrade made to homes by the home owners is to interchange old warn out windows with new windows. There are a range of reasons; home security, energy efficiency, spectacular home views, or upgrading the exterior of the home. No matter the reason, these are the four steps you should consider when replacing your home windows. Once you have done your homework, you can also get additional information from a window professional.
Regardless of reason, if you’re in the marketplace for replacement windows, then there are a couple of things that you need to consider; cost, brands and materials are the top of them.
With brand, cost and materials as the top concerns, the four steps below can assist you to make the best decision for the long-term investment to your home.
1. Which Windows need Replacement – Though not a requirement, but having a professional check all the windows of your house is recommended as they have an eye for specific issues you may not be privy to. For example,seal failure which happens more often than you think. If you have a large area, it’s suggested to interchange all the windows in that specific area to make sure all of the windows supply the equivalent appearance, and each window wear at the same rate. This will also ensure they are made of the same materials. Replacement windows are also available in a range of shapes, sizes, and materials that is if you are looking for a major change. Some of these selections are often on the expensive side whereas square shapes measure cheaper.
Between the wood replacement windows and vinyl replacement windows, both of which provide stunning backdrops for any area in your home. The vinyl windows are best for all-time low maintenance and greatest sturdiness against the elements. However long you intend on staying within the home, research your products before purchasing new windows so you are able to take advantage of the investment before selling the home.
2. Get Estimates! Also Work with Businesses that provide Free Estimates -This is that the time for due diligence and research. Review all the window professionals in your area and solely work with companies that provide complimentary in-home consultations. It is sensible to discuss your options with up to 3 companies to fully judge the best company to work with, and it is also advised to review your regional Better Business Bureau listing to make sure nothing short of a stellar reputation for any accredited business you choose to meet. The businesses you decide to meet with should concentrate on window replacement as opposed to a general contractor. Write down all of your queries prior to your appointments and you can make the best decision.
3. Evaluate ALL your options – Some window replacement companies can resort to their highest priced product first; if this happens be sure to voice your concern of value versus quality. Be sure to inquire about the installation timeline, by doing so you’re ready to get the simplest evaluation, best value, and quickest installation.
4. Word of mouth Referrals – there’s no higher objective and honest opinion than your close network that has completed similar home improvements. Also be sure to do your homework on-line before hiring the company and only consider them if they are extremely recommended by your friends, family and neighbors. Don’t forget to check third party validation like the regional BBB, or Angie’s List as either will help to make an informed decision.
Residential window film is a fantastic way to cut back, while at the same time creating a positive impact on the atmosphere. Home owners will realize one of the best resolutions to reducing the strain on their pocketbook is by having residential window tint installed.
Studies have declared that homes account for 16% of green house gas emissions. Many of us have sought an answer, to combat the negative impact of energy consumption on the globe. Installing residential window tint, the quantity of emissions created by a home is reduced considerably. Naturally, this is the by-product of utilizing less energy to heat or cool a home.
Since a major portion of energy is lost through the glass, applying window film can create a large impact on the energy usage of a home. Window Film acts as a barrier against cool air from escaping through the glass during the summer months, therefore reducing the strain on the cooling system. It additionally keeps UV rays and heat out. During winter time, window film works to keep heat in the home. The U.S. Department of Energy provides plenty of information on this and other benefits of saving energy. Diligent research by the customer will assure that the product purchased can provide the best savings advantage.
Many of us have looked to reducing their energy prices to save money. Homeowners that have installed residential window film have discovered that it not only reduces the outflow of cash from their budget, it additionally lends a hand to decreasing the energy consumption.